- University of South Carolina, B.A., J.D.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, National (President, 2014-2015; President-Elect 2013-2014; First Vice President, 2012- 2013; Vice President, 2008-2012; Secretary 2007; Executive Committee, 2007-2014; Board of Governors, 2005-2006; Board of Directors, AAML Foundation, 2007-2012; Special Advisor, AAML Foundation, 2013-2014).
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, National (Chair/Member, Law Office Management Committee, 2005-2012; Member, Admissions Procedures Committee, 2004-2007; Co-Chair/Member, Website Committee, 2005-2012; CLE Chair, 2010-2011; Member, Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2006-2007; Member, ALI Commission, 2006-2007; Member, Best Practices Committee, 2008-2011; AAML Sales and Marketing Committee, 2007-2008; Member, Executive Committee Sponsorship, 2008; Chair/Member, Nominating Committee, 2008-2009, 2013/14; Chair/Member, Policies Committee, 2011-2013; Member, Post-Nuptial and Cohabitation Agreements Committee, 2011-2013; Chair/Member, Strategic Plan Implementation Committee, 2011-2014; Member, Social Media Committee, 2011-2012; Member, Webinar Committee, 2011-2012; Chair/Member, AAML/ABA FLS, 2012-2014; Co-Chair, Council of Committee Chairs, 2012-2013; Chair/Member, Publications Review Committee, 2012-2014; Chair/Member, Contracts Committee, 2012-2014; Policy Publication Committee, 2013-2014; Website and Technology Committee Liaison, 2013-2014; Chair, National Admissions Board of Examiners, 2013-2014).
- South Carolina Chapter, AAML (President, 2001-2002; President-Elect, 1999-2000; Vice President, 1997-1998; National Delegate to Board of Governors, 2005-2006)
- Certified Matrimonial Mediator Trained, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1995
- Certified Family Court Mediator, South Carolina Bar and Dispute Resolution Services, 1995
- Certified Matrimonial Arbitrator Trained, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2000
- Named, 2007 Fellow of the Year, AAML
- Named, "The Best Lawyers in America", Family Law designation, 1993 through 2015 Editions.
- Named, South Carolina "Super Lawyers", 2008-2014.
- Named, Legal Elite of the Midlands, "Columbia Business Monthly", 2013-2014.
- Named, Legal Elite, "Greater Columbia Business Monthly", 2011-2012.
- Supreme Court Appointee, "South Carolina Symposium-Families in Court," sponsored by National Association of Juvenile and Family Court Judges, 1991.
- Lecturer, New Family Court Judges Orientation School, 2004-2005.
- Contributing Author: South Carolina Equitable Appointment Act, §20-7-461, et seq and South Carolina Alimony Statute, §20-3-130 et seq, S.C. Code of Laws; South Carolina Family Court Handbook, First Edition, 1992, 1993 and 1996 Editions.
- Speaker: Various Family Law Topics, South Carolina Bar; South Carolina Trial Lawyers Annual Conventions and Mandatory Judicial Continuing Legal Education Seminars sponsored by South Carolina Bar; State Bar of Arizona; American Bar Association and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- South Carolina Bar, Family Law Section (Chair, 1991-92; Chair-Elect,1990-91; Secretary, 1989-90; Section Delegate, 1995-96; Council, 1988-95).
- South Carolina Bar, Practice and Procedure Committee (Chair, Family Law Sub-Committee, 1989-1995; Chair, Sub- Committee on Jurisdiction in the Family Courts, 1979-80).
- South Carolina Bar, Lawyer-Accountant Relationship Committee (Chair, 1998-99).
- South Carolina Association for Justice (formerly SC Trial Lawyers Association), Family Law Section (Co-Chair, Family Court Judicial Liaison, 1983-1986; Chair, 1983-84; Vice-Chair, 1982-83; Secretary, 1981-82; Treasurer,1980-81).
- Received "AV designation from "Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory."
- McLaren & Lee, Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 2009-2014.
McLaren & Lee1508 Laurel Street
P.O. Box 11809
Columbia South Carolina 29211 U.S.A.