The Types of Information We Collect
Personal Information: Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) is any information that can be used to identify a specific individual. The Site will collect and store any Personal Information you enter into the Site or provide to us in some other manner. Such Personal Information may include, without limitation, your name and email address when you use our Contact Us feature.
See Section 5 below.
Our Use of The Information We Collect From You
Personal Information: We will use your Personal Information to respond to inquiries from you or to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
AA Data: We may also use Personal Information in aggregate form for purposes of research or analysis. Although this aggregated data may be based in part on Personal Information, it does not identify you personally. We may share this type of AA Data with a variety of third parties, including our affiliates, agents, research partners and current and prospective business partners. We may use AA Data collected from the Site for administration, advertising and promotional purposes, and we may share such information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without informing you in connection with the following:
• Business-related Functions: The INBLF, like many businesses, may hire other companies to perform certain services on our behalf such as hosting specific portions of the Site or maintaining databases. When we employ a third party to perform these functions, that third party will be provided with the particular Personal Information it needs to perform its function.
• Other Disclosures: In addition, we may disclose Personal Information without providing you with the ability to opt out under the following limited circumstances: to (1) protect the legal rights, privacy or safety of the INBLF, its affiliates or their respective members, officers, directors, employees and agents; (2) protect the safety and security of other users of the Site; (3) protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes; (4) respond to inquiries or requests from public authorities; (5) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; (6) enforce our Policies; or (7) comply with the law or legal process. 5. Links to Other Sites
6. Your Choices
If you have previously provided Personal Information to the INBLF and are receiving emails or other communications from us and you do not want to continue receiving such emails, please notify us by contacting us at: email@example.com. If you ask that we stop using your Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps to honor that request on a prospective basis.
7. Our Commitment to Data Security
We take reasonable security precautions to secure the Personal Information that you choose to provide against the loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access of such information. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties, not under the control of the INBLF, to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us of the problem by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at the above email address.
8. Additional Privacy Terms Applicable to Members’ Area of the Site.
We collect the following Personal Information via the Network:
When you set up your account to access the Network, we will record your username and password and the email address you provide to us.
When you personalize your INBLF Network Profile, we will collect any information you provide, such as your name or photos you choose for your display picture. For some members, this information appears on the public portion of the Site as well as the Network.
When you post any content to the Network (such posting is referred to as a “User Submission”), the User Submission is available for some or all of the INBLF members, depending on how and where this information was posted by you (see Use of Information below).
9. Contacting the INBLF Regarding Your Privacy
Effective: April 14, 2012
Last Updated: April 14, 2012