Twenty-year experience as attorney at law.
Practiced at two major law firms, including Nishimura & Asahi, the largest law firm in Japan, and provided legal services to clients such as Amazon Japan (for their localization), Mizuho Securities (for their structured finances), and Development Bank of Japan (“DBJ”) (for their foreign loan and investment business to countries and regions including China and Hong Kong).
On pro-bono basis, consulted immigration and domestic matters of Chinese citizens in Japan.
- Renmin University of China, Law, LL.M, 2020
- Duke University, Law, LL.M, 2003
- University of Tokyo, Law, LL.B, 1993
- Renmin University of China International Student Scholarship Academic Achievement 1st Prize
- Renmin University of China Outstanding International Student Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Passed Hong Kong’s Overseas Lawyers Qualification Examination, February 2017
- State of New York Bar, September 2004
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations and Daini Tokyo Bar Association, April 1998
PUBLIC INTEREST ACTIVITIES
- Vice Chairman of International Committee (2012- present), Daini Tokyo Bar Association
- Successfully negotiated and concluded with Taipei Bar Association an Agreement on introduction of lawyers (2014 – 2018) and with Society of Indian Law Firms a Friendship Agreement (2015)
- Acted as translator and interpreter at joint conferences with Taipei Bar Association (2013 – 2019)
- Provided lectures on business succession at Renmin University Law School (2017), on the roles of inhouse lawyers at joint conference with Seoul Bar Association (2014)
- Friction Among Chinese Competition Law and Protection of National Brands, Industrial Policy, The Asahi Shinbun Astand (2010) http://astand.asahi.com/magazine/judiciary/outlook/2010080900015.html
- Corporate Governance of Banking Organizations in the United States and in Japan, 28 Del. J. Corp. L. 563, 597 (2003)