- Criminal law specialist – cases covering fraud, financial crimes, computer and technology crimes, white-collar crimes, and defence strategy for individuals and corporations in Hong Kong
- Head of Criminal Department, Robertsons
- Member of Criminal Law and Procedure Committee, Law Society of Hong Kong (1995-2018)
- Possesses strong international ties, having acted for clients in Hong Kong who are subject to U.S. based FCPA investigations
- Recognized as one of the leading lawyers in the field; Recommended by Asia Pacific Legal 500, Doyle’s Guide, Who’s Who Legal, and Benchmark Litigation
- Available to advise on investigations at the arrest stage, appear at court and trials
As a Hong Kong criminal lawyer who joined Robertsons in 1994, Kevin has defended numerous high-profile cases prosecuted by the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) and Commercial Crime Bureau (CCB). He also regularly undertakes defence work in Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) investigations and prosecutions as well as acting in immigration, taxation and customs and excise cases.
Kevin conducts trials, mitigations and bail applications and has defended clients in the Magistrates Courts, High Court, Court of Appeal and Court of Final Appeal.
Kevin is extremely knowledgeable about computer and technology crimes (including email fraud and computer blackmail cases), and has successfully defended computer crime charges, as well as frequently acting and advising corporations who are the victims of computer crimes.
Kevin is also capable of putting together a team of top forensic experts when required to defend or investigate all kinds of offenses and computer frauds.
Kevin is well known for getting the job done, no matter how small or large the cases are, and has a reputation for being able to negotiate with authorities. He is recommended in the Corporate Crime Section of the Asia Pacific Legal 500 for Hong Kong, as well being recognized as a leading lawyer by the Doyle’s Guide and Who’s Who Legal. He has also been recommended by Benchmark Litigation as a Litigation Star for white-collar crime.
Rooted in Hong Kong for more than four decades, Robertsons is a sizable independent law firm offering a full range of Hong Kong legal services to our corporate and individual clients across a wide diversity of industry sectors locally and internationally, having built close relationships with a network of firms worldwide over the years.