Speaker: Deirdre D. Nero
Webinar Date: March 18th, 2021 @ 3:00PM EST
Recording: Immigration Law
Join Attorney Deirdre D. Nero from the Miami Chapter of INBLF for “Immigration Law: The State of Play for 2021.” In this webinar we will review recent changes to immigration law, including what can be expected under the Biden Administration; the current state of affairs due to COVID-19; the new law in Florida for mandatory E-Verify; I-9 compliance and COVID related flexibilities for employment verification; and other hot and late-breaking topics! This webinar will be useful not only for Immigration attorneys, but also for attorneys who own their own firms, those who deal with foregin national clientele, those that work with business owners, and all those that are interested in learning more about this newsworthy topic!
This webinar will cover:
- The state of Immigration after 4 years of the Trump Administration’s restrictionist policies
- What can we expect from the Biden Administration: What has happened already, what is coming down the pike, and what is unlikely to happen
- COVID-19’s continuing impact on Immigration, including where we stand on travel and immigration bans
- Florida’s new mandatory E-Verify law
- I-9 Compliance Updates: Including COVID related flexibilities for employment verification of employees
- The H-1B lottery for Fiscal Year 2022
- Understanding Export Control Compliance as it relates to immigration petitions
- Other Hot and late breaking topics
Deirdre Nero: Started NERO Immigration Law in 2009 after practicing in large law firms for several years. With 17+ years of experience under her belt, Deirdre has helped hundreds of clients from all over the globe navigate the complicated world of Immigration Law. Deirdre earned a bachelor’s degree Magna Cum Laude from FSU; and graduated with honors from the University of Miami School of Law. Deirdre’s practice focuses on business immigration, including employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visas; working with companies to ensure they are compliant with Immigration laws; family immigration and naturalizations; as well as visas for students and tourists. Deirdre holds an AV® Preeminent™ Rating since 2014, showing she is well-respected by her peers. She was named by Florida Trend Magazine as one of 2019’s Legal Elite.